NSW CIN for shoplifting and wondering if I need to declare on citizen application

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

AmberRay

18 September 2019
Hi,
I shoplifted last year at kmart as I was not in a right state of mind. I was a victim of domestic violence back then when I did something so stupid like shoplifting. I shoplifted at kmart and was caught by the staff. The staff called the police who issued me CIN of 300 dollars and told me to pay it right away to avoid going to court for it.
I paid for it and now I need to apply for Australian citizenship. And I am wondering if I should put YES or NO for the section where they ask:

If you ever been convicted of or found guilty of any offences overseas or in Australia (including all traffics offences when went into the court, including offences declared in your permanent residence application or any other spent conviction)?

Will really appreciate if someone can give their input. I really hope I don't have to go over this with immigration officer as it is very shameful.

Thanks

Madhu

28 August 2022
Hi,
I shoplifted last year at kmart as I was not in a right state of mind. I was a victim of domestic violence back then when I did something so stupid like shoplifting. I shoplifted at kmart and was caught by the staff. The staff called the police who issued me CIN of 300 dollars and told me to pay it right away to avoid going to court for it.
I paid for it and now I need to apply for Australian citizenship. And I am wondering if I should put YES or NO for the section where they ask:

If you ever been convicted of or found guilty of any offences overseas or in Australia (including all traffics offences when went into the court, including offences declared in your permanent residence application or any other spent conviction)?

Will really appreciate if someone can give their input. I really hope I don't have to go over this with immigration officer as it is very shameful.

Thanks
May I know if u got ur citizenship approved?