Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

VIC Child Support and Property Settlement Agreement - Submit Minutes of Consent and Form 11?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Irina, 10 July 2015.

  1. Irina

    Irina Member

    10 July 2015
    Likes Received:

    My ex-husband and I reached financial and child support maintenance agreement. The agreement between us has been already executed: house was transferred under my name, motor vehicles sorted between us etc. ( property settlement).

    We are both ready to sign this agreement in the presence of our lawyers. However, my lawyer insists that we have to fill out "minutes of consent" and form 11 and submit it to family court for approval.

    Is this indeed necessary?

    Thanks for your help,

    Kind regards.
  2. AllForHer

    AllForHer Well-Known Member

    23 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    It's not necessary, but it's definitely highly recommended because the court won't enforce the orders unless the agreement is registered with the court as consent orders. Without consent orders sealed by the court, you will not be able to remedy through the court if the other party reneges on the agreement and refuses to follow it.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page