Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

QLD Car Towed - Paid to Get It Back

Discussion in 'Traffic Law Forum' started by Gemmarama, 22 June 2015.

Tags:
  1. B Roebuck

B Roebuck Active Member

Hell illy2000,

I contacted The Courier Mail and A Current Affair - have not heard back from either. If I'm unable to deliver QCAT docs, where does one go to take up this matter further?

Lawyers are expensive and not affordable. These clowns are laughing all the way to the bank and keep on extorting money. I was advised that the businesses don't lease the parking - Cactus Towing does and monitors it.

2. Jimmypatto

Jimmypatto Well-Known Member

Here is the lowlife prick that is in cahoots with the company that towed your car mate. He is equally as liable as the vermin from Elite Security. It will be interesting to see how these two grubs react towards each other when liability is assigned by the courts.

I am currently in the process of running both these mongrels so if you would like any assistance please let me know. As a previous comment suggested, the more of us that fight these parasites the quicker they will be out of business.

Ra02 likes this.
  3. Jimmypatto

Firstly, send your QCAT docs via registered post to their listed address (they usually hide this info so wherever you collected your vehicle from), this is a legally accepted means of serving a notice.

Secondly, dont expect them to respond. Issue a QCAT Form 09-Affidavit of Substituted Service and document your efforts to contact them. submit the form to QCAT. the courts will do the rest.

What these bastards don't realise is that once this does go ahead and the magistrate can clearly see that they have been intentionally avoiding their lawful responsibilities, ie. responding to court issued documents, they are going to have a hard time proving their legitimacy as a reputable company. Also report everything that has occurred to the ACCC and office of fair trading.

4. Ra02

Ra02 Active Member

Hi, mate. Thanks for your message. I definitely would like some more info and to also find out your progress. I'm keen to start this QCAT form.

5. Ra02

Ra02 Active Member

B Roebuck likes this.
  6. Jimmypatto

Just received an email from the Office of Fair Trading. They are going to be investigating these parasites. Please, I urge you all to file a complaint to them. It takes only half an hour. These bastards need to be shut down and the more complaints the OFT receives about their scam operation, the quicker it will happen. Do not just give up and accept defeat as that is what these scumbags rely on.

See the link below.

Make a consumer complaint | Your rights, crime and the law | Queensland Government

B Roebuck likes this.
  7. Ra02

Ra02 Active Member

Who should we be listing on OFT? The management company (Retail Space Property) or Elite Security? I'm going to lodge it. Could OFT also get our towing money back or is that still QCAT?

8. Monster mash

Monster mash Member

My friend who was visiting from Germany accidentally parked in the wrong car park at Cathedral Place. Her car was towed to Breakfast Creek Road and they charged her $1000 to retrieve her vehicle. She is 20 years old. What a freakin mob of parasites at Elite Security!

B Roebuck likes this.
  9. MissMS

MissMS Member

I was parked at Brunswick Street in fortitude valley behind grill'do. My car got towed within 10 to 15 mins of parking it and the security guard told me that since I crossed the street to the other side and left the premises, they have the rights to tow my car.

Please help me. I had to pay $450 from my tuition money since the car I had was rental and have to return tomorrow. I am still paying student loans and can't afford to go to lawyers. How can I get my money back. I'm so distressed.

10. Ra02

Ra02 Active Member

I submitted my complaint to OFT last week against Elite Security. Let's see how we go!