QLD Can I sue for emotional distress

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Shay123

18 October 2020
Hi,

Ok. I was once a shining star - blossomed from a hard-working setup of a business of 5 years with no complaints. Many clients knew me as a supportive hard working person. Friends were made, relationships in business and personal. So, I was then bullied online and by phone, intimidated, had my would-be clients taken from underneath me. Harassed and blackmailed by email. Had my dear friend threatened and then harassed too for 2 whole years. For a period of 6 years. 6 years of comments online and forced to change my name and go into hiding. Brought down to a mangled mess of constant counselling and now on a disability pension. The person that acted like this has a history of abuse from his previous life with stepfathers. And a millionaire as he boasts due to his property portfolio. I just sit each day now, while he has taken a little break from the harassment and wait until he shows up again. Yes, he gets bored and I am his play toy.

With no funds to sue, of which I am certain with all my evidence saved I am duly entitled to. Is there any lawyers out there who would help on a pro bona basis? Happy to ensure they are paid well for their quality time.

Harry De Elle

11 February 2017
You should at least report this now to the police authorities , did your friend take out an intervention order . I see a lot of inaction on your part not to mitigate the events. I also sense that you are also justifying his actions. I think you need to help push back a bit yourself before start holding your hand out for pro bono support....Look to a womans abuse support group for additional advice and support ....good luck

Shay123

18 October 2020
Hi,
Yes, we tried peace a good behaviour order, but as we are in Queensland and he is in Sydney, QLD can not put an order on anyone out of QLD. However, Sydney people can put one on QLD residents no trouble at all. As he threatened and harassed me while I was bankrupt and he was a creditor I believe I can file a personal injury claim. I just have to find a lawyer now who will do this. Apparently, I qualify for legal aid under CLLAS. I do see a medical doctor. I have no livli-hood. I have no name as I knew it. I had to change my name and move homes 4 times.