ACT Can I recoup unpaid child support

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

JazzAlto

10 October 2019
Need some advice on whether there is any point pursuing my ex husband to recoup nearly 2 years of unpaid child support. We had the Child Support Agency assessments and what he was instructed to pay - I stupidly agreed to the private collection. He paid regularly until early 2017, it was always 'coming'. When I started putting more pressure on him to pay he then submitted a revised income into the CSA as $0! I know this was bogus as I referred him jobs, he was still able to pay his rent ($440 week) and somehow managed to travel overseas multiple times. I have also just recently found out that he got married sometime in Vietnam last year (he won't tell me when) and I doubt he informed the CSA. Our daughter is now finished Year 12 so is no longer covered by CSA. Is there any recourse I can take to get him to pay what he owes? He has always had full access, I involved him in birthdays, Christmases etc so he can't claim he never saw our daughters. He has royally screwed me over - I am on a full DSP and really struggled to support our daughters on my own.

Lennon

11 September 2014
Why do you think he should have informed CSA when he got married?

Was he paying less than the CSA assessments during that period? Even if he was. If you are on private collect I think you can only get CSA to go back three months from the date you ask them to collect.