QLD Can I apply for a consent order when I have my matter listed for an interim hearing????

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

82Leggeley

15 October 2017
can Anyone please help me???
I have been going through this family court stuff for so long now and it's costing a fortune and the mental and emotional stress is horrible.... We have recently had a family consultant do a report and it now seems that my ex has now decided that he is ok for our little girl to stay with me and visit him every other weekend... In his opinion "it's a good" option after months of fighting and dragging me through the mud.... For no reason and with NO evidence.. Just nasty vexatious accusations...
It seems that since he has now put forward that he is happy to finally agree with me. Is it at all possible to apply for a consent order and not have to go to our interim hearing on the 24/10/2017??????
PLEASE CAN SOME ONE HELP ME??? I just want his over and to save the money of another court date, and to move on with my life????

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Yes, you can file consent orders.

Once you have them written up and signed by both parties, you send a copy to the judge's associate and advise that if the Court approves the consent orders, then you'll be discontinuing proceedings.