VIC BVA leaving country

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Dexter07

5 September 2020
My partner is moving out . Current status is on BVA. Can they leave country with that. As they dont intend to come back.
BVA is from the 820 application in the queue.
We are planning to move out of the relationship so can you please advice.

Dexter07

5 September 2020
Can anyone please reply my partner is on Bridging visa A and is leaving are they allowed to. Since the tickets are there so time is less to apply for BVB

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
My partner is moving out . Current status is on BVA. Can they leave country with that.
Yes.

Understand though, that while she can up and leave Australia freely any time she wants,
if you have kids together, she doesn't she doesn't get to take them overseas without the your consent.

Reactions: Dexter07

Dexter07

5 September 2020
Yes.

Understand though, that while she can up and leave Australia freely any time she wants,
if you have kids together, she doesn't she doesn't get to take them overseas without the your consent.
Thanks Tim, Then i being the sponsor can i withdraw the 820 application with 1446 form.

Also is there a online version for 1446

Dexter07

5 September 2020
Thanks Tim, Then i being the sponsor can i withdraw the 820 application with 1446 form.

Do i need to inform for both visitor and partner as our status changes so both needs to be withdrawn

Tim W

Lawyer
28 April 2014
Sydney

No.
You don't have to do anything.
Nor should you.
Do nothing, she can just leave.

Tim W

Lawyer
28 April 2014
Sydney
Do i need to inform for both visitor and partner as our status changes so both needs to be withdrawn
Are you a citizen, or a PR, or...?

Tim W

Lawyer
28 April 2014
Sydney

Form 1446 is more about an applicant withdrawing, not a sponsor.

You said she's on a BVA... is that post the grant of another visa (maybe 300 Prospective Spouse?).
You are certain that there is no already-granted permanent visa in play?

If there's no permanent visa yet, then an outgoing sponsor can typically just write a letter.
Have a look at the online tool here, and the subsequent instructions.

You're not cancelling her visa. You are simply stating that you are withdrawing sponsorhip.

Dexter07

5 September 2020
Form 1446 is more about an applicant withdrawing, not a sponsor.

You said she's on a BVA... is that post the grant of another visa (maybe 300 Prospective Spouse?).
You are certain that there is no already-granted permanent visa in play?

If there's no permanent visa yet, then an outgoing sponsor can typically just write a letter.
Have a look at the online tool here, and the subsequent instructions.

You're not cancelling her visa. You are simply stating that you are withdrawing sponsorhip.
No visa is not granted yet it is just in submitted state. Partner came on visitor 600 and then i applied for 810/820 and was shifted from visitor to BVA until a decision is made on the application it was 5 months back. Now we are separated and she is moving overseas. So i want to update immi on change of status ( both for 600 and 801/820) as both of them i applied and have me as sponsor.

Where the applciation can be send "

Send the letter by email or post to the same place that assessed your application." they have not mentioned any email . Both visa application i applied through immi login account can i use that