VIC Bullying and harrassement

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

WiserNow

10 September 2014
I never knew that I was working in a crazy environment. That Corporate environment did things to my head and my perception was thrown out of whack. I saw what happened to people, all I wanted was to do my work and then go home that's it.
I can understand. It is common and they wanted to make your perception be off. This is gaslighting.

You sound in a lot of pain still. It wull take tume to recover It was cruel. Go and see a counselor. Some offer skype. Dont let your life focus be them. You were offered a promotion there so you must have been respected to be offered this.

Turn your energy to the future. We only get one life. Look at BeyondBlue for help. This site is for legal help and it has all been covered.

Briancrainfan

15 April 2020
I can understand. It is common and they wanted to make your perception be off. This is gaslighting.

You sound in a lot of pain still. It wull take tume to recover It was cruel. Go and see a counselor. Some offer skype. Dont let your life focus be them. You were offered a promotion there so you must have been respected to be offered this.

Turn your energy to the future. We only get one life. Look at BeyondBlue for help. This site is for legal help and it has all been covered.
I am using binural beats to fight my anxiety. I found out that the Department influenced me badly turning me into an internet addict too. I am also reading David Goggins book

Briancrainfan

15 April 2020
If you can, for your mental.health, find another job. Your mental health is very precious and it can effect everything and will take.years to recover if you do fully recover

Public sector is very high for bullying and, like my lawyer said, HR is not your friend. They will not do anything and life may get worse with passive agressive behaviour from HR after Human Rights investigation.

Where to
.workers compensation this is a hard path for mental health and u will get, at best, half to a year's salary plus be asked for resignation (which u have done?). U can claim this for 1 year even if u have left. this process will push ur mental health further.

Salary continuance: this may be insurance you have under super and will generally pay for 2 years if u r ill & cannot work. Worth an application. Act quick as there is a waiting period. With your anxiety you may not feel like doing anything but give this a go.

HRC: this is an easyish process but HRC cannot force the employer to do anything in conciliation so think about what u want for remedies. I would be looking for loss of income. Look for previous cases for ideas.

Constructive dismissal? has a 21 day period to lodge but more impact on mental health.

All of the.above will place strain on your mental health. You are not alone in experience the above at your work. Brisbane office of Medicare is the same.

Look forward and look after your mental health. You will be experiencing all sorts of out of character behaviour and it will take, probably significant, time to mend. And it is a battle to recover. You have experience bullying, probably gaslighting and worse of all institutional betrayal.

Be kind to yourself. Anxiety is awful. If you are into natural health go to a good naturopath and ask for a herbal formula (kava in it) Try neurocalm. eat well, lots of protein. Homous & carrots is great. Keep sugar levels even. It will help the anxiety.
Both my grandparents passed away because I did not know I was part of entire system where every action there was an opposite reaction on my own family and it hurt my own self worth, self confidence too my psychologist said that the work environment has caused you to have a cognitive catastrophe and the fact they don't want me back shows that they never cared about me. Sadly, I can see why Domestic violence happens because of the public sector. That toxicity is horrible and I am trying to be more positive about it.

Briancrainfan

15 April 2020
Have a look at this page and it shows a table with remedies available:

I am not a lawyer however having been down this path my findings was, aside from anti-discrimination, the only option offering $$ remedies is workers compensation and this is for loss of wages whilst you are recovering from the injury.

May differ from State of State but to sue for damages your personal injuries would have to be at a certain percentage. I have read over 15% impairment and someone said to me "you really don't want to be this high as it is not worth it". Plus you have to be in the workers' compensation system before you have this avenue available is my understanding

You can report to Worksafe and they will investigate?

There may be options to report to the public sector commission for your State to investigate and then ombudsman but this doesn't provide remedies for you. So the question would it be worth the energy?

I hope you find some peace in your journey.

It is a horrid place to be, to have gone through the bullying and harassment and have noone look after your safety, when you are legally entitled to a safe work environment.

If you have, I hope any hypervigilence you may have experienced has gone and the anxiety has stopped. Anxiety s definitely the worse. The reason for out of character experience is to do with the front lobe and anxiety. It is a good thing to research to understand why you may be behaving a certain way and also for your family to understand. Especially if you experienced getting angry very very quickly.

Maybe someone else may respond and provide more options for you however this has been my findings to date.

Take care of yourself...
Hey man, so i reported it to public sector ombudsman and commcare they have hired an inspector to attend on multiple sites

Reactions: WiserNow

Briancrainfan

15 April 2020

So my brother's mental health has not improved neither has mine improved at all he feels that people have injected a virus into our heads. I don't see how talk therapy is going to work.

WiserNow

10 September 2014
If you are ready to heal it will help. It is not a silver bullet and you need to want to work on it. There is also rapid eye movement therapy to try. The body keeps score is a book you may wish to read.

Briancrainfan

15 April 2020
If you are ready to heal it will help. It is not a silver bullet and you need to want to work on it. There is also rapid eye movement therapy to try. The body keeps score is a book you may wish to read.
Kind of difficult when your brother says things like books and computers are a means of controlling people and that those things should be destroyed. That we are in a computer simulated world already like the matrix and those are kinds of thought I had over there in that environment. I have calmed down but the psychotic episodes or suicidal thoughts come and go. My former employer got away scott free while my family suffers.

I keep seeing the same numbers of 41 which is super annoying and seeing the same car.