- 7 March 2015
Hi there, In dot point form!
- We hired a builder to build a deck in our yard.(over $5k)
- It wasn't to code.
- We stopped the works and asked for the balance of money back.
- Answer was "no".
- We got a building inspector report and submitted case to VCAT. Ruling for full refund in our favour.
- Builder didn't even show.
- No response to VCAT ruling. We submitted to the Magistrate. Warrant for seizure of property was given. Sherif turned up and said "give us your things." He said "I don't have anything" and that was that. We then took the debt collectors route at the sheriffs office suggestion. We can't afford to send the guy bankrupt and its counter intuitive considering it costs over $5k to do so when he owes us $7.5k.