NSW Back Pay Of Childsupport to Ex, from day she Left with Son

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Tom_the_tank

28 February 2018
In Nov of 2017, my wife of 4 1\2 yr decides to leave the family home with my 3yr old son.
we agreed for me to see him overnight for 1 night a week, from daycare Friday to Saturday afternoons.

i have told my Ex, that i am happy to help with Daycare fees, but will only pay the daycare not give her Cash money.
i on occasion am asked, so i will give her 20$ for fuel. i am also requested on occasion to look after my boy when she want to go out, or have a free weekend. i want to see him more so i agree.

but ATM she is Threatening me with court action, i have constantly asked to go into mediation, she want only to go straight to court. for 100% custody, with only 1 day for me to spend time with him.

i am being threatened with a large payment of Back pay Child support, from when she took my son and left the House. she is under the advise, that she is elegable to receive the back pay of child support plus half of any cost associated with my son from the time she left.. This cant be the way..?