WA Family Court - What will Happen at Interim Hearing?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Hoang Trang

22 July 2016
In all honesty it's something I have not really discussed with my lawyer. She has mostly represented me at my hearings. The finer details of our case she has said will need to be discussed with the expert. I think I may have answered my own question?

She advised to prepare for 50/50 just in case but given the care changed due to her withholding the children, significant others and distance between parents, which all are very relevant facts

MartyK

4 June 2016
She advised to prepare for 50/50 just in case...

Was this prior to you moving with your new partner 1.5 hours drive away from the child?

I must say Hoang, with a history of you both withholding the child, you being primary carer and now mum, history of child safety involvement, distance et al, I will be very interested to hear how this all pans out.

Hoang Trang

22 July 2016
Was this prior to you moving with your new partner 1.5 hours drive away from the child?

I must say Hoang, with a history of you both withholding the child, you being primary carer and now mum, history of child safety involvement, distance et al, I will be very interested to hear how this all pans out.

Tell me about it. Looks like the expert has his work cut out. She withheld before I even moved. In fact she continued to have the children two nights a week when she filed for a recovery order. This all happened shortly after mediation and when she also alleged neglect and risk

Hoang Trang

22 July 2016

Forgive me I misunderstood your question. She advised to enrol our kids to school half way between us as well

MartyK

4 June 2016
She advised to enrol our kids to school half way between us as well

When do your kids start school? Still not ideal given it would mean a 45min drive to primary school every day. Just a thought...if there was an emergency for the kids, would someone be close by, even a grandparent, who could get to the school quickly?

Hoang Trang

22 July 2016
They are in kindy 2.5 days this year. Shared care is certainly not practical and some what selfish? I know I'd certainly not subject the kids to this daily. Ideally if we were close together then I think 4 and 3 then 3 and 4 would be the best bet.

Both grandparents live with me and the kids and sadly she has no family here. I have the full support and devotion of my family and something I hope the court will take into consideration

MartyK

4 June 2016
They are in kindy 2.5 days this year. Shared care is certainly not practical and some what selfish?

Yes, generally speaking, shared care would be difficult, if not, off the cards, given the distance. However, it's not what you are really fighting for anyhow. Good to hear you have family support.

Hoang Trang

22 July 2016
So currently I have interim orders 3 nights a week. Ex has decided to go overseas for 2 weeks and asked for me have them while she's gone. This is despite claiming I put my kids at risk and neglect. Is this something that can work to my advantage later if we go to trial?

Patience

17 June 2017
Hey mate just wondering how things are going with your situation? Sounds like you've got a good lawyer. Any chance you could message me their details?