WA Attending court for traffic offence

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Kasey.12

3 June 2018
Hello all,

My partner has received a court notice to attend court for his traffic offence, for driving on suspended licence. As the general layout of the court notice letter, there are 4 options.

1. Attend the above court hearing
2. Do nothing
3. Plead not guilty in writing
4. Plead guilty in writing

To my understanding, if he is attending the hearing on the date to plea guilty in person, he would just attend it without replying the letter/forms.
However few days ago we started to have another interpretation of the letter thinking that we might have to reply to plead guilty and notify the magistrate court that we are attending?

I hope we do not have to reply and just go straight to the court as we are just few days away from court date :(

Adam1user

5 January 2018
HI,
I read you other posts, you must attend court, and this is what needs to be done:
1- dress nicely, formal: dress pants, dress shoes, good shirt, be shaved or trimmed (if facial hair), and good hair,
2- Type your statement and take a copy of the supporting documents to be given to court,
3- please guilty with explanation and it should be stated in your statement, your statement should include you are sorry and aim not to do it again,
4- be on time and be polite to all people there,

hopefully this should make it easy for you,
good luck!