VIC Attended FDRS and court

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Loveson

3 April 2019
Victoria
Hi everyone,

I recently went to FDRS for parenting resolution, ICL was there. I have finished supervised visit and there is positive report backing me up for risk free fact and great affection and relationship with my son. Grandparents also attended supervised visit and report can’t be any better.

In the FDRS, the mother agreed unsupervised time but refused grandparents visit based on her affidavit that she accused them being violent toward my son. The report has proved no risk was found, and writer only saw affection. ICL understand the mother has deliberately terminated contact time after the end of supervised time for 2 months, and realized we have a positive report, but inclined to support the mother’s view for only allowing me have limited unsupervised time with my son. I just don’t get it, what is the point of having supervised visit and report?

We are going back to the court soon, and will probably need the application in a case reviewed by the court should there be no agreement reached before the court. What shall I expect? Thank you.

Alert

7 June 2019
Hi everyone,

I recently went to FDRS for parenting resolution, ICL was there. I have finished supervised visit and there is positive report backing me up for risk free fact and great affection and relationship with my son. Grandparents also attended supervised visit and report can’t be any better.

In the FDRS, the mother agreed unsupervised time but refused grandparents visit based on her affidavit that she accused them being violent toward my son. The report has proved no risk was found, and writer only saw affection. ICL understand the mother has deliberately terminated contact time after the end of supervised time for 2 months, and realized we have a positive report, but inclined to support the mother’s view for only allowing me have limited unsupervised time with my son. I just don’t get it, what is the point of having supervised visit and report?

We are going back to the court soon, and will probably need the application in a case reviewed by the court should there be no agreement reached before the court. What shall I expect? Thank you.
Loveson that is fantastic. So when do you spend unsupervised

Alert

7 June 2019
Hi everyone,

Can you please tell me if you are having supervised or unsupervised?
Your post is a little confusing for me?

Alert

7 June 2019
Hi everyone,

So you are having limited unsupervised time?
It’s all about money Loveson, half the cases could be settled, in half of the time, it’s all about the money.

Don’t be disappointed, this can only go up from here, just be on your best behaviour Loveson. Your x will try to catch you out

sammy01

27 September 2015
Mate the ICL is haggling. I am guessing - but my guess is this. It is all games. The ex has now agreed to unsupervised time. I reckon the ICL got a whiff that the ex would not agree to unsupervised time if the grandparents were involved. So it is a smallish sacrifice AND if this goes to court she is gonna look like a nutter for being so controlling. Family law is a long game - A marathon, not a sprint.

Reactions: Alert

Loveson

3 April 2019
Victoria
Mate the ICL is haggling. I am guessing - but my guess is this. It is all games. The ex has now agreed to unsupervised time. I reckon the ICL got a whiff that the ex would not agree to unsupervised time if the grandparents were involved. So it is a smallish sacrifice AND if this goes to court she is gonna look like a nutter for being so controlling. Family law is a long game - A marathon, not a sprint.
Hi Sammy,

I am still gonna propose unsupervised time allowing grandparents visiting, plus one overnight stay after some unsupervised time built up. If that not coming to agreement, then let the court to review application in a case to make some changes. Any thought?

Loveson

3 April 2019
Victoria
So you are having limited unsupervised time?
It’s all about money Loveson, half the cases could be settled, in half of the time, it’s all about the money.

Don’t be disappointed, this can only go up from here, just be on your best behaviour Loveson. Your x will try to catch you out
X is with legal aid, but there is no finance request raised from them yet

Tremaine

5 February 2019
What’s the nature of the orders in regards to the grandparents? Is there an explicit order stating that the child is restrained from seeing the grandparents except as specified in the orders? Or are they respondents in the proceedings as well and have orders of their own?

Loveson

3 April 2019
Victoria
What’s the nature of the orders in regards to the grandparents? Is there an explicit order stating that the child is restrained from seeing the grandparents except as specified in the orders? Or are they respondents in the proceedings as well and have orders of their own?
Grandparents are not in the order, not respondents. It is just the mother in her affidavit accused them as being violent to grandson which is of coz BS. So now even a report turning out great mentioning grandparents having affection and great bond with the grandson and no risk , the ICL still concerned there might be risk As opposed to the finding from the report. That is why I don’t understand why a great report can not back up the fact to convince the ICL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alert