VIC Asking Magistrates Court Hearings Papers?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Migz

20 November 2016
Ring up the people at Auscript and get a quote. They will do that for you. And I have found their online web page very helpful and even better if you fill it in for them.

Cheers
Migz

Reactions: 457Visafraud

457Visafraud

16 April 2017
Ring up the people at Auscript and get a quote. They will do that for you. And I have found their online web page very helpful and even better if you fill it in for them.
Thanks for the tip although I feel disappointed that this vital part of the Courts has became a business and now I understand why people are not allowed to record anything, it's because there is a monopoly.
By the way, Auscript has limitations: "The transcript you receive will not include any Reasons or Judgment. Auscript’s contractual arrangement with the Courts does not allow us to distribute Reasons or Judgment".

And then my accusation regarding the business monopolistic system built within the Courts are backed by the fact that transcripts "sold" by Auscript: "Sharing transcripts is a direct breach of copyright".

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Post this in the IP copyright forum to see if this stacks up. I'm curious if copyright can be help over public information.

457Visafraud

16 April 2017
Post this in the IP copyright forum to see if this stacks up. I'm curious if copyright can be help over public information.
Yeah, my court case I'm fighting for, my story, can become someone's else right & copyright.
Family violence related cases may not be disclosed even if the claimant has made a false claim.
But then TV and Radio medias can disclose cases.
This is all wrong!

Lennon

11 September 2014
Auscript has been slapping the "copyright" warning on transcripts for years. Previously parties would often agree to share the cost of transcripts, one party would request it and the other party would then pay half the cost. With the new "copyright" approach, Auscript now gets to charge two or sometimes more sets of fees for the same job.

That's why it's good that the courts will make the audio available. It's a flat fee and much cheaper than obtaining a transcript.