VIC Intervention Order- dropped by police ??

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
2 February 2018
Hi all, last year I was interviewed by police in regards to an intervention order (application) made against me by a friend.The allegations were untrue and I stated my reasons for this in the interview. At the conclusion of the interview, I was advised by the police officer that the interview recording would be supplied to the informant, the informant would review the interview and contact me if required. I was also given a Summons to appear in court. I was never contacted by the informant, the court hearing was never listed on the hearing lists/sittings of the Magistrates Court website, I contacted the court and they did not have any information in regards to a court date. The court date has since passed and I have received no information from the informant.

Is it possible that upon the informants review of the interview recording and based on the answers I supplied, he could clearly see that the application was misleading and based on unsubstantiated claims and therefore the application was revoked or dropped by the police?

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Possible, sure, I guess, but probably not a good idea to assume that.

It may be different in Victoria, but most states don't include mentions for IVOs in their daily Court list because they occur as part of allocated time for the judge to hear such matters in his docket for that day, rather than an allocated time for a specific matter. In my local Court in Queensland, for example, mentions for DVO applications are heard one after the other, and in no particular order, from 9:00am in Court 5 every Monday.

Why don't you call the police and find out if they know the status of the matter?