Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NSW Arrested for Breach of Bond - What to Do Under Criminal Law?

Discussion in 'Criminal Law Forum' started by Scooby, 26 January 2016.

  1. Scooby

    Scooby Active Member

    21 December 2015
    Likes Received:
    Hi all,

    I avoid my ex at all costs as we are in the middle of a so far 12 month Family Law case in the Federal Circuit Court at Paramatta.

    At the last mention at Paramatta, I was accused afterwards of spitting at my ex-partner and her parents whilst leaving the court. I was arrested and charged with breaching my section 9 bond by means of assault PINOP.

    I was wondering how to defend myself against this? I left the court with my mother soon after the case and walked to my car and left the Paramatta area. I tried to find a CCTV footage of the location but no cameras were in the area.

    1. Of course I am placed there if we have a family court together, I am an easy target.

    2. Since the accusation my ex-partner has not let me contact my daughter whatsoever and is in breach of family court orders. This, to me, is her cause of the accusation.

    Any help would be appreciated as I have been advised by a solicitor I cannot simply tell the truth and survive the wrath of criminal law. My funds are needed to file a contravention against my ex-partner and a solicitor is not an option.

  2. Serge Gorval

    Serge Gorval Well-Known Member
    LawTap Verified Lawyer

    2 November 2015
    Likes Received:
    Pretty straightforward, mate...

    You plead not guilty and put the prosecution to proof.

    To me, it seems that if you're going through a bitter separation, it wouldn't be difficult to cross-examine your partner on the stand.

    Have you entered a plea and sought brief orders? When is next mention?
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page