VIC Applying Visa for Spouse?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

abc

19 January 2016
Appreciate if anyone can give his/her honest reply.

I have applied for my spouse family visitor visa. They refused.

On the employment status, I put "Other - she never worked", which was not obviously convincing (I just realized) and they didn't believe my spouse will go back after the visa expires. I want to re-apply by saying she is a 'student' and will provide all the relevant documents. Are they going to say it is inconsistent?

No partner visa applied yet and spouse is in a 3rd world country (so-called risky country).

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi,
I believe the family visitor visa subclass 679 is no longer available to new applications. You could submit a sponsored family stream Fact sheet - Sponsored Family stream

You might want to speak with an immigration lawyer to see if there is a way to expedite the process due to the risk associated with where she lives.

abc

19 January 2016
Thank you Lance
But my question is little different.
I'm reapplying for v600 not 679.
Last time I put employment "other"
Now I actually want to tell she is student .
Will there be any problem with this? Does it tell inconsistent information.

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi,
I'm at a loss to understand what employment type has to do with a visitor visa (family) unless they didn't understand this is your spouse. They obviously know you previously applied so it may raise a flag if your resubmit with different information. Have you spoken to the department of immigration and boarder protection? You might want to ask about their appeals process.

abc

19 January 2016
Appeal process is always lengthy. Better to apply again.as long as this is a visitor visa I still need to prove she is going back even if she is my wife. That's the shocking reality.