Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

QLD Apply for Spouse Visa?

Discussion in 'Immigration Law Forum' started by Casseyy, 21 July 2015.

Tags:
  1. Casseyy

Casseyy Member

I was a sponsor of a partner visa 2 years ago which was rejected. Relationship then ended. Now I recently got married and wondering if I can apply for a spouse visa? The form says to apply a person must not have sponsored a partner in the last 5 years, does this apply when the sponsorship was rejected?

2. Sarah J

Sarah J Well-Known Member

Hi Casseyy,

No, your partner would not be considered as having sponsored a partner if the partnership application was rejected. I also do not believe this applies when the sponsor is later married to the same person/partner.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mitchell Kelly

Mitchell Kelly Well-Known Member

Sarah J is correct. If the previous application was refused then you will not be considered to have sponsored your previous partner. (As a side note - the 5 years runs from the date of lodgement of the 1st partner's application to the date of grant of the 2nd partner's visa.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...