QLD Affidavit - How to Create a Case Outline?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

SelfRepHelp

16 March 2017
I have to submit a case outline now and some more help, as I don't understand exactly what I need to submit.

This is what the order says:

1. A minute of the final orders sought.

Q: I can't find a Final Orders template on the FCC website.

2. A relevant chronology -

Q: What will this be used for? Is this supposed to be the whole case? It could be quite long. Or is it just the DOB of each party, marriage date, children's DOB's and divorce?

3. A list of affidavits, applications and/or responses

Q: So I just list off all of those that have been submitted. Not OP's, just mine?

4. Witnesses, etc - I don't have any.

Q: Do I state that in my case outline? That I am not calling any witnesses?

5. A statement of evidence supporting the principles in s.60CC.

Q: What is a statement of evidence? Is it my evidence? Am I supposed to address each principle in s.60CC, even if not relevant? Am I supposed to cite other cases. Or do I leave citing previous cases for when we're in court?

The next step once that is all submitted, I then get another week to jointly file a schedule of factual issues in dispute in point form.

Q: I'm baffled on this one. And I can't find anything in my searches.

One other question regarding the Case Outline - Do I just do this in a word document and have sections for all 5 subjects above? Do I use a template - I'm going to the FCC, but there is a "Case Information" template on the FCA website. And does a JP or solicitor have to witness it like my affidavit?

It's going to be a busy few weeks...

Cairns123

16 January 2018
I see this is last year, but wondering how many pages you ended up with - I have to do the same now and like you there is a massive volume of work and have no real clue how to do it all as I feel it will be just too long.