NSW Interim Hearing Case Outline Help

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Ally18

28 July 2018
Hello!

I have an interim hearing coming up for custody of my children. The judge has asked for a case outline and I cannot find any templates or guides. The judge has requested a Case Outline setting out:
* a list of documents to be read in the case
* a precise Minute of Orders sought
* a breif summary of arguement touching upon the matters set out in s.60CC of the act with reference to the relevant evidence relied upon.

Any help on how to do this as I am self representing would be appreciated as I have no idea what to do or where to start.

D

Deleted member 12925

Hi.

You can just prepare a document containing the headings you have mentioned above that the Judge has asked you to address. The list of documents should include the applications/Responses that you rely upon, the affidavits (incl who gave them, and date each was filed) that you rely upon, the financial statement(s) you rely upon if it is a financial case, and details of any subpoena documents that you rely upon.

The minute of orders is self explanatory, just set out the exact orders that you are seeking at the interim hearing.

As to the summary of argument again make this a heading on a separate page, and use each subsection of s60CC (or at least the ones that are relevant) as subheadings. When you write the argument you should reference the paragraph numbers of the affidavit evidence that support your argument.

Include a cover page that has the name of the case, and the file number