NSW about young-looking sex doll...

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

joeygu

5 April 2020
As a single male who has no intention getting into a relationship, I am looking forward to buy a silicone/tpe sex doll.

I'm no paedo, but I do need a doll that is relatively small in size for easy storage.

Most online sex toy stores in AU sell full-sized dolls from China, usually 140cm height and above; but few days ago I found another site, selling dolls as short as 100cm with young looking face.

The price is also very low.

I contacted the seller via email, who promised me no import tax and no problem with custom.

I am hesitant, can I trust his/her words?

It is a ".com.au" website, with limited seller info displayed:

1) an email address
2) a mobile #
3) a physical address which turns out to be a large industrial area contains many businesses, no unit # stated on website

If the doll is determined child-like by custom, am I going to jail?

Or could this just be a scam?

Atticus

6 February 2019
If the doll is determined child-like by custom, am I going to jail
If it is determined as such it comes under the umbella of child expoitation material... Taking possession of it, or perhaps even just ordering it may well leave you open to prosecutiion

Atticus

6 February 2019
few days ago I found another site, selling dolls as short as 100cm with young looking face.

The price is also very low.

I contacted the seller via email, who promised me no import tax and no problem with custom.
There is also the possibility that this is a bogus on line store set up by under cover federal & possibly international police agencies to catch people buying this sort of child exploitation items ..

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
1. Why don't you WhoIs the website?

2. I tend to agree with @Atticus - it's surely either a scam (after all, who are people like you going to complain to?) or,
it's a trap for customers of Child Abuse Material.

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
Some advice - do some research if you're considering buying a sex doll. Many of those Chinese made dolls are cheap knockoffs and you can cause serious injury using them - emphasis on "serious".