WA 461 visa

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Reeco22

24 February 2021
I applied 461 visa (renewal)and have been acknowledged since dec 7, 2017 by immigration. I rung up the immigration several times for f-up but all they said was to wait. Its been almost 39months and till now i havent heard anything. I was told to follow up by email but its an auto reply. Can anyone help me on the next step to do. Its been so stressful for long waiting. I applied onshore(Wa)

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
1. If you're on a 461, then what is your actual nationality?

2. Have you done a VEVO check on yourself?

Reeco22

24 February 2021
Hi im from Philippines. Been here in Wa for around 10years on 461 visa before. since it expired they issue bridging visa. I can still work and i am still working but i want to find out the outcome of my application. Its been almost 39months and havent heard about it. Hope you can reply

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Well, I can't tell you anything about your own application.
Nor can I give you any idea how long it's going to take.

Your main game is to be sure that you are not (or don't become)
an Unlawful Non Citizen.

rcabo

8 April 2021
I applied 461 visa (renewal)and have been acknowledged since dec 7, 2017 by immigration. I rung up the immigration several times for f-up but all they said was to wait. Its been almost 39months and till now i havent heard anything. I was told to follow up by email but its an auto reply. Can anyone help me on the next step to do. Its been so stressful for long waiting. I applied onshore(Wa)
I am in a similar situation, extremely upsetting as we have nowhere to get information from. I applied for my second 461 visa, been here for almost six years now (VIC). I applied for my second 461 visa on in September 2019 and been on a bridging visa since Mar 2020 and never heard anything!! The processing time is now form 35-38 months, which is absurd considering this is a temporary 5 years visa.