WA 3 month wait, 4 case investigators & still no decision on home & contents claim

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Anthony1974

10 April 2015
Hopetoun WA
I have now got my name added to the Home & contents policy after my X partner asked me to deal with the insurance investigators who were stressing her out to the point of full breakdown. The claim was made on the 11th Feb 2022 & yet still no decision has being made.... how long can the insurance company delay for? I asked for all phone call transcripts 3 weeks ago. Should I write a letter to the obutsman? Should I get a lawyer to contact them?

Nighthelyn

24 September 2014
Sydney
Hi Anthony1974,

This webpage is quite helpful in your situation Insurance Law Service.

You should consider getting legal advice or give Financial Rights Insurance Hotline a call (disclosure - I lived with someone who worked there, but this is a community legal centre in any case). There are some details that would affect decisions what the next step is to be - is a claim accepted, is the investigators asking legitimate queries, is there any risk/conduct by claimant that could be a trap/illegal … etc.

Good luck!

-Nighthelyn