Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

QLD Want Neighbour Out of the Apartment - Call Body Corporate?

Discussion in 'Other/General Law Forum' started by April009, 23 February 2016.

  1. April009

    April009 Active Member

    7 January 2016
    Likes Received:
    3 weeks ago, the apartment next to me suddenly started complaining about my smoking (on my balcony). She's been harassing me about it and I told her if she has a problem with it to please go to body corprate and complain, but I have also started going downstairs to smoke.

    Last night, the cops had to come by, she just went mental, slamming her sliding door and screaming. Other people from the apartment started to come out of their own balconies, and the next apartment as well. 3 people rang the cops. I am so scared, not that she would do anything but mostly just rattled. Cops had to ask me questions and I was just shaking.

    I just want her out of the building. She rents it. Can she actually get kicked out of the place for that? Do I just ring body corporate?

  2. AllForHer

    AllForHer Well-Known Member

    23 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    You can't bring an action to have her evicted, if that's what you're asking. Her contract is with the landlord, so they have obligations to her and she to them - neighbours immaterial. It would be up to the landlord to establish grounds for her eviction, but feel free to file a complaint with the body corporate and see what they can do about it.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page