NSW How to know if Body Corporate has over steps renovation review rulings?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Robert Leung

31 July 2018
I am asking my apartment Body Corporate to the review for allowing me to renovation my apartment kitchen in the Sydney cbd area. After providing all the required documentations for the Kitchen company licence and Certificate of Currency etc., the kitchen company has also explained to the Body Corporate that they are subcontracting the kitchen installation to a company who is a self employed installer and therefore, does not require a Workers Compensation insurance because he would have his own personal insurance cover. Now the Body Corporate come asking to show evidence of the Kitchen company has a license to use any Sub-contact company or companies.

My question is, does the Body Corporate has the right to question the kitchen company I chose for my apartment renovation to provide evidence in their license that they are allowed to Sub Contract work tasks and stating the sub contracting companies? This is creating a long delay for my project to start.