Using AI tools for document comparison

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

jovana017

23 March 2023
Hello everyone,

I've recently started trying different tools for document processing and document comparison but I am new to this technology so I want to hear other peope's experiences. Which tools have you tried? Is comparing two contracts using an AI software really reliable or is it better to check everything manually?

Feel free to add anything related to this topic.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Is comparing two contracts using an AI software really reliable...
No.
... or is it better to check everything manually?
Yes.

For one thing, chances are the T&Cs of the AI product will
expressly disclaim liability for decisions you make based on the product and/ or what it does.

AnahiZavala

27 January 2024
I've dabbled with a few AI document comparison tools, and they seem promising. However, I wouldn't rely on them blindly for something as critical as comparing contracts. I'd still recommend a manual review to ensure nothing gets missed.
Besides, I recently stumbled upon some information about a new AI tool designed for business purposes, and I'm quite intrigued by it. While I haven't had the chance to try it out yet, I think AI for business could potentially revolutionize document comparison.
That said, it's always good to explore and experiment with these AI tools. They can certainly save time and improve efficiency.