NSW unfair ??

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

oldtimer

30 March 2020
Hi...I was penalized $200 plus 2 points by fixed camera outside school grounds. I have held a driving licence for approx. 61 years , during this time I drove full time NSW taxis , Qld taxis also HR heavy vehicle . My last offence was approx. FIFTYFOUR (54) years ago without accidents. I am proud of my driving record. I approached NSW Gov. Revenue for leniency on my 54 year clean record . No go.
Took into account my driving record but deemed serious safety to children . Should I contest appeal ? (54 years)

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
I'm not sure I'm understanding what you're asking. Is it along the lines of: "I've done something wrong and been fined for doing so. I don't dispute that I did it. Rather, I have a very extensive driving history and haven't been penalised for about 54 years and think I should be given some leniency."?

If so, no chance. Especially in a school zone. Pay the fine and move on.

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Hi...I was penalized $200 plus 2 points by fixed camera outside school grounds. I have held a driving licence for approx. 61 years , during this time I drove full time NSW taxis , Qld taxis also HR heavy vehicle . My last offence was approx. FIFTYFOUR (54) years ago without accidents. I am proud of my driving record. I approached NSW Gov. Revenue for leniency on my 54 year clean record . No go.
Took into account my driving record but deemed serious safety to children . Should I contest appeal ? (54 years)

Adding to Rob's comment, if you don't have a strong reason, don't try anything, it will not get you anywhere, if you tried the Review process and they said the infringement stands, the last option is to select to go to court, and if so, you will pay the infringement and court costs. But if you have a solid reason, such as going to hospital with a very sick person, you can ask for leniency.

oldtimer

30 March 2020
Adding to Rob's comment, if you don't have a strong reason, don't try anything, it will not get you anywhere, if you tried the Review process and they said the infringement stands, the last option is to select to go to court, and if so, you will pay the infringement and court costs. But if you have a solid reason, such as going to hospital with a very sick person, you can ask for leniency.
Thanks Adam for your reply . I think I will accept penalty and cry . js