Underpaid as a Casual - Help Under Employment Law?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Scotty101

16 November 2016
Gold Coast
I can provide some more info if you'd like, I really would like some proper advice. What info would you like to know?

Thank you for your time as well.

My only proof at the moment is that apprentices have been through the company so they should know how to pay their employees correctly, also not offering a conversion to full time as it might be more costly to them having to pay out annual based on amount of OT in this case being over 1500 hrs of mixed time rates

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
This forum is not an appropriate place for details. You don't know if the employer can identify you from what has already been posted let alone if you post more information.

Interpreting your comment - you have no proof about your side issues.

Sounds like you have enough to proceed with over underpayments.

You need to decide what way you to proceed. I'm not arguing one way or the other because I have no idea about your personal circumstances and future job prospects. You need to work through and then decide what you want to do.

Serge Gorval

LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
2 November 2015
Sydney
lawtap.com
Scotty if I may offer some gratuitous opinions. If I were you, I'd firstly request all employee records per the Fair Work Act. Assuming that they don't have these records (sounds like they wouldn't), you would be in much stronger position to make a claim for your entitlements.

Why do you keep a log of hours, do you invoice for your time ?

Scotty101

16 November 2016
Gold Coast
No, I log my hours though an app and send them off to my boss because he 'couldn't be bothered'. I am employed as a casual as per the info on the odd pay slip that I get.