NT To pay or not a speeding fine with errors

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Josis

16 October 2019
You were speeding, you got caught. Pay the fine, cop the demerit points & learn from the experience.... The alternative... Stress about it, eventually get tracked down anyway. Have a much bigger fine & the consequences that may flow from trying to avoid paying a fine... There is only one sensible choice. If you can't afford the $190, which BTW is a lot lower than if you had been caught in South Australia for example, then you can apply to pay it off in installments..
So I called, I paid and after I asked what would happen if I wouldn't have paid the fine. The answer was nothing would have happened because I am here just temporary, I don't have an Australian driving licence and some details in the fine were incorrect. Just to let you know so you can improve your knowledge ;)
pay the fine... The pedal on the left in Australia is the brake.... Respect Australian law or go back to you're country.
So I called, I paid and after I asked what would happen if I wouldn't have paid the fine. The answer was Nothing would have happened because I am here just temporary, I don't have an Australian driving licence and some details in the fine were incorrect. Just to let you know so you can improve your knowledge ;)