VIC Disqualified from Driving in Victoria by VicRoads - Options?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

hamishcross

24 July 2015
I have a WA drivers licence and have been driving in my van which is registered to me (I needed to get a number issued by VicRoads when I bought this vehicle from the car yard).

My spouse's car is also registered to me and we have both been getting fines. She got caught on her phone awhile ago and now I have had a letter to my address from VicRoads stating I am disqualified from driving in Vic; there is NO word of documentation of my WA drivers licence number on this paperwork.

My question is, if I am not driving a car registered to my name, I get stopped by police and I hand my WA drivers licence over, can they pick up if I am suspended from driving in VIC? And how can they see this?

Could I go to QLD with my WA licence and get one there? I don't have the option on good behaviour as I don't have a VIC licence also.

Help!! I run a business and have to drive (In hindsight I should have slapped those fines on my Mrs but didn't realise my demerits were so high).

Thanks

Ponala

10 February 2015
Depends whether they do a licence check or accept you WA licence and go no further other than taking the details down. If they do a 'Victorian' licence check it will show that you are disqualified in Victoria.

hamishcross

24 July 2015
Thanks for your reply, I'm in a pickle. I've been doing my research and it seems that my name and DOB shown on my WA drivers licence will correspond with my details here in Victoria? I mean how many people are there in Australia with the exact same name and DOB?

Just out of curiosity, can VIC police check if a NSW drivers licence is legitmate ?