QLD Suspended from Work Without Pay

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Sarah J

16 July 2014
Melbourne, Victoria
Hi Junior,

That's unfortunate to hear. Is the body in charge of registrations (and disciplinary proceedings for registered persons) the Health Ombudsman or regulated/governed by the Office of the Health Ombudsman (OHO)? Usually, ombudsmans resolve complaints from customers about the health industry but does not have much say in registration and licensing matters. Is the OHO investigating the decision (to suspend your registration) made by another body?

If you have the reference number for your investigation with the OHO, you should call the OHO up and enquire into the progress of your investigation and their powers to effect change after the investigation.

Junior

13 November 2014
Thanks @Sarah J.

The OHO is currently investigating the matter transitioned from AHPRA about my conduct. They are fully aware that I was found not guilty of the charge last October 2014. We wrote to AHPRA last November 2014, seeking a revocation of suspension. They said, that the matter is currently being reviewed to determine what, if any action will be taken by the OHO.

Sarah J

16 July 2014
Melbourne, Victoria
Hi Junior,

That's interesting as the OHO is generally a dispute resolution body that informally regulates health institutions. They do not usually deal with registration matters. Would be worthwhile giving the OHO a call to enquire what is happening with your matter and exactly what their role is in the situation and how much power they actually have to effect an outcome.

Junior

13 November 2014
Thanks @ Sarah J,

I had a telephone conference with the Union provided Solicitor last week. Prior to telephone conference, I've emailed him in regards with OHO role and could not provide an answer. This coming week, the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia will review my suspended registration. I will keep you up to date for this matter.

Sarah J

16 July 2014
Melbourne, Victoria
Thanks for updating us, Junior. Hopefully the NMBA will report back something positive.

Junior

13 November 2014
Thanks @ Sarah J,

The committee decided to revoke the suspension of my registration last 26 of February 2015. I was verbally notified by Union provided solicitor yesterday through phone and I finally received the confirmation letter this afternoon. The committee further noted that I was found not guilty of the charged that I was falsely accused last year. This is a great result!

The Union will be in contact with my work place as I am still suspended from duty without pay and renumeration. I will keep you up to date what is happening with my suspension from work. Furthermore, my employer issue to reprimand me in relation to the allegation which my ex wife was the perpetuator.

Reactions: Sarah J

Sarah J

16 July 2014
Melbourne, Victoria
Glad to hear your suspension of registration is revoked! Thanks for updating us about your matter to date.

Reactions: Junior

Junior

13 November 2014
Cancellation of Suspension

I received a letter from Acting Head of HR last Friday. He is proposing that my suspension should be lifted but they are requiring that I will meet the Acting Director to discuss the OPTIONS available to facilitate my return to workplace. I requested a Union Servicing Organiser to attend with me.

What else's advice you recommend at this point? Do I need a Solicitor present in the meeting?

I have been suspended without pay and renumeration since April of last year. Last March 2015, the suspension of my professional registration has been revoked. According to Acting Head of HR that my suspension without pay will be lifted effective from the date that I will attend the meeting with the Acting Director. Are they just going to say thank you for suspending me without pay for a year?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
If you have proof that someone deliberately made false accusations against you and as a result you suffered financial loss, you may have a civil case against that person. Worth looking at for 8+ months lost pay.

Reactions: Junior