QLD Superannuation fund never transferred split from consent order 17 years ago

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Frodofall

7 June 2020
Hi Everyone.

My ex and I signed a consent order for a superannuation split after the divorce 17 years ago. Apparently, the super fund never transferred the agreed-upon balance from my super to hers. Now, 17 years later, she has told me she will be making a claim to get that super transferred.

Is this possible for her to do? Is there some sort of statute of limitations on her being able to do this? What is she entitled to claim?

Thanks - Frodo

LaciFoster

30 June 2023
Hey there! I came across this old thread and wanted to help out, even though it's been a while. Unfortunately, I don't have a specific PowerBI visual for commission calculation in audit for Wealth Management.

30 June 2023
Hey there! I saw your post and wanted to help out. It's a bummer that your super fund didn't transfer the right amount all those years ago. As for your ex making a claim now, it's possible.

LaciFoster

30 June 2023
You might want to check with a lawyer to see if there's a time limit for these things. You can reach out to Todd Karamian @ Medium for some help. As for what she can claim, it'll probably be the amount you both agreed on in the consent order. Hope that clears things up a bit