QLD Sue Real Estate Agent for Compensation?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
21 December 2016
Several years ago, I was terribly ill with breast tumors and was in a very vulnerable state, mentally, physically and emotionally. A real estate agent coerced me into selling my home because she was aware of my personal situation and used my weak state to manipulate me into selling my home for the commission. She and her husband were in a severe financial difficulties and I was manipulated very brutally into selling my home which I would not have done if I had been healthy.

Can I sue for any form of compensation even on a civil level? I would never have made this decision if I had been healthy - manipulated for personal gain at my lowest point.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
You may have a cause of action, but much depends on the details. It can be hard to prove this kind action, plus you may have a statute of limitations problem if it happened 'years ago'.

21 December 2016
As I have now found out these agents have a long history of "court" action against them so i believe there is quite a good history showing their predatory conduct. Im going to have a crack and if nothing else, there is always A Current Affair!

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Did they win or lose these cases?

Keep in mind that past cases may not be relevant, and may not be admissible as evidence.