NSW Suing Real Estate Agents for Stress and Anxiety?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

cathy2250

17 January 2017
Hello.

My husband and I experience tremendous stress and anxiety that comes in addition to a chronic depression associated with serious health concerns because of our previous Real Estate and we wonder if we can sue it for Stress and Anxiety.

It started with our Bond that the Real Estate Agents did not want to give back to us for "housekeeping" things when we moved out of the property and he assigned us to the Court on behalf of the Landlord.

We have evidence that the Agent has made a false Statutory Declaration trying to impersonate us for what we are not. He also made false documents in order to keep our Bond and we have the proof that was transmitted to the Court.

But that's not the subject.

Because of this problem, which for many does not represent much, my husband, who has an important chronic depression and is fragile because of a life-threatening illness has become more and more stressful and anxious it also has an impact on my own depression and chronic diseases because I am in charge of resolving Bond's problem in Court.

We have difficulties staying in this area because of this Agent, we think the bad reputation is now installed and being a tenant is becoming more difficult. We want to leave and start somewhere else even if we are over 65 years old. This adds even more stress.

We would really like to see this Real Estate Agent pay for all the stress we do not need above the one we already have and we would like him to pay us compensation. This is possible?