Stop Sign Infringement Qld

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Elohisa

18 March 2020
Hi There,
Today I got a stop sign infringement. The intersection in question was a T Section, I was coming from an inner street and turning left (so did not have to cross the other side of the road). I believe I came to the stop sign and stopped but on the far left about 300 mt down to my left there was a police car and he reckons I did not stop.
He gave me a $400 fine! and 3 demerit points. I am just wondering what chance have I got if I dispute it. I asked him how he could have seen from that far away as he had about 10 cars ahead of him and also there was a hill and he said it was his 'perception'. I believe he was too far to see the precision of how long I stopped. There were also some trees just before the line.
My question is do these guys carry cameras? if so can I get the evidence of what he claimed or is it enough for him to say that I did not stop for me to loose the case?

Adam1user

5 January 2018
Hi There,
Today I got a stop sign infringement. The intersection in question was a T Section, I was coming from an inner street and turning left (so did not have to cross the other side of the road). I believe I came to the stop sign and stopped but on the far left about 300 mt down to my left there was a police car and he reckons I did not stop.
He gave me a $400 fine! and 3 demerit points. I am just wondering what chance have I got if I dispute it. I asked him how he could have seen from that far away as he had about 10 cars ahead of him and also there was a hill and he said it was his 'perception'. I believe he was too far to see the precision of how long I stopped. There were also some trees just before the line.
My question is do these guys carry cameras? if so can I get the evidence of what he claimed or is it enough for him to say that I did not stop for me to loose the case?
From what you wrote, I think you have a hard battle as it is your word against two police officers. Saying this, best thing is to talk to legal person, I am sure you would find a lawyer who has free consultation or try legal aid. You will get some advice here but mostly will relate to the poster's circumstances and may not apply to you, so your best bet is to talk to a lawyer.