Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

QLD Speeding Fines - Not Pulled Over for Speeding Offence by Police?

Discussion in 'Traffic Law Forum' started by Alicia Bartolillo, 2 August 2015.

1. Alicia Bartolillo

Hi,

So I was most definitely speeding when I noticed a police officer with a Lidar gun ahead of me, but it was already too late I assume. I saw him perk up and say something into his radio. I waited for the chaser car to pull me over, but it never did. I was so wondering if they are still able to give me speeding fines through the mail or did they have to pull me over on the spot as it was a Lidar reading?

2. Sophea

Sophea Well-Known Member

Hi Alicia,

If a fixed speed camera or mobile speed camera unit get you, you'll generally get a notification in the mail. If you get caught by a police officer with a Lidar gun, they will usually pull you over if they intend to issue a ticket.

Police have a discretion as to whether or not they will book you if they detect you speeding with a radar device and they will take circumstances into account.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...