SA Social Media Trademarks on Business Website?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Luke7

14 April 2015
Do I need permission to mention Google, Google AdWords, Facebook and LinkedIn on my business website in connection with services I offer?

I am about to put my business website up. One of the services I will offer is SEO and social media marketing. Do I need permission from Facebook to mention in my website copy that I offer Facebook marketing and that I can harvest Facebook "likes" for my clients? Do I need permission to say that I can run Google AdWords and Facebook campaigns and that I can improve Google indexation using "white hat techniques" etc.

Also I was very careful not to imply that my company is in any way affiliated with any of those organisations, or that my social media services are endorsed by them. Do I still need a disclaimer stating this fact?

Many thanks.

Tracy B

24 December 2014
Australia
Hi Luke,

It is still a good idea to add a disclaimer, either in your terms and conditions or at the bottom of your website. It is pretty clear and most people will assume that you have no affiliation with Google and Facebook or any other businesses, however, it never hurts to add a disclaimer to make this 100% clear :)

Luke7

14 April 2015
Hi Luke,

It is still a good idea to add a disclaimer, either in your terms and conditions or at the bottom of your website. It is pretty clear and most people will assume that you have no affiliation with Google and Facebook or any other businesses, however, it never hurts to add a disclaimer to make this 100% clear :)

Good advice. I think I will.