Size of ad banner

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Match

13 February 2019
I love this site and fully support admin monetising it, but the ad banner I'm now getting across the top of the page takes up over a third of the screen (annoying when trying to read through threads). Is there anyway for users to collapse or close the banner, or at least reduce its height? Thank you :)

lawanswers.PNG

lawanswers

Staff member
6 April 2014
Thanks @Match - This is frustrating me too and I've also noticed similar size ads on OzBargain.com.au, etc. in the past week too. I believe it is related to a Google AdSense "Auto Ads" update.
I'm working to resolve this week and apologise for the inconvenience.

screenshot_186.png

rjm

2 February 2020
Seamus I also don't begrudge the advertising. I am however having to explain why I've visited a singles dating website 3 times.
When I try & close it, I end up on it. Increasing business on two fronts? The website & divorce lawyers?

lawanswers

Staff member
6 April 2014
Hi @rjm I'm still working on the Auto Ads fix this week (hopefully by this weekend). Are you using desktop or mobile? I can explain the new hot water system and plumber ads that I've received in recent days after the hot water failed. I'm at a loss to explain your singles dating ads though! ;)