QLD Sister's Lies - Criminal Law or Civil Law?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Dwayne Harry

13 November 2015
What is the penalty if a medical professional were to disclose confidential information, about a patient in their care, to the patient and patients family?

sammy01

27 September 2015
So far you have sought to bring criminal charges to your sister, to the hospital, to a particular doctor. Mate, you are in a psych ward. Maybe, just maybe, you should focus on why you're there and not on finding ways to focus on others.

Dwayne Harry

13 November 2015
so far you have sought to bring criminal charges to your sister..... To the hospital..... TO a particular doctor. Mate you are in a psych ward... Maybe just maybe you should focus on why you're there and not on finding ways to focus on others.

Everything I state is the absolute truth sammy01. If I was crazy do you think I would be on here trying to obtain legal advice from experts as to how to resolve my current situation via legal avenues?

The only criminal charges I will be pursuing are against my Sister and my former wife. I have commenced a claim for "damages" against the hospital and I will further pursue legal action, upon advice, against a Professional (who is not a doctor).

Mate, I am not in a "psych" ward!!

You are fully entitled to your opinion, which I respect, however, I would prefer to read comments that are constructive, of a professional nature and are willing to accept that maybe, just maybe, I am telling the truth and their professional advice could help a person who is going through "hell" get his life back together so that he can hug his children again.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Ok so here is some really constructive recommendation. Forget trying to sue anyone. Why? well I don't think you have a case, but even if you did you'll be spending a small fortune and for what? You succeed against your sister.

Is she super rich? If not then how much is she going to be likely to be forced to pay you? Yep, not much. The hospital? Well, they have insurance, etc., but they also can afford to pay solicitors heaps and you can't so it will send you broke. Oh and that is assuming you win.

So you wanna hug your kids. If that is your primary objective, then spend your money on a family law solicitor so you can get to see your kids. Make that your priority and if you want advice on that one, then post on the family law section.