NSW Shopping car park incident

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Chp

30 April 2020
Hi
I have recently been involved in a incident where I was reversing into a parallel car park.
I had my blinker on pulled up just past the park to have room to reverse in, looked back there was no one there started reversing as soon as my eyes shifted to my left mirror a car drove into the side of my car. The car that hit me was in the opposite lane facing the opposite direction to my car. He drove across the wrong side of the road to park illegally. He admitted fault at the seen and told me he would fix my car at the screen But since then I have received a letter from his insurance company saying I am at fault and they want compansation for there clients vehicle. When I went to her the footage of the incident today I noticed they had put witches hats and freshly painted white lines where he drove across to hit me. To stop cars doing what he did ahain. The shopping centre management said they couldn't believe what the other car did.

Paul Cott

LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
26 May 2014
Ballarat, Victoria
Hi CHP, I would let the other party’s insurance company know he admitted fault at the scene and mention the now in place witches hats and white lines too which are in place to prevent what the other party did. Tell them you vigorously deny liability and will not be paying anything and you will or are seeking legal advice. Hopefully they will then stop their bluff and go away. Good luck.

Reactions: Chp

Chp

30 April 2020
Hi CHP, I would let the other party’s insurance company know he admitted fault at the scene and mention the now in place witches hats and white lines too which are in place to prevent what the other party did. Tell them you vigorously deny liability and will not be paying anything and you will or are seeking legal advice. Hopefully they will then stop their bluff and go away. Good luck.
Thank you for you're advise

Reactions: Paul Cott