NSW Shoplifting at Coles, recurred offence. I am really desperate

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

dolfingerpie

18 August 2021
I really do need immediate help. Anyone. Please.
I have a history of mental disorders, and have been shoplifting a number of times (more than 5) at my local coles.
I got caught yesterday by a lady in plain clothes. She came chasing after me and demanded me to give her my bag with stolen goods( around $30, this is just food). She said she would call the police if I don't. I handed her the bag, she didn't ask me for my ID or anything and just left.
The scary thing that still haunts me and I haven't been able to sleep because I used my card with my details to purchase some other items while I was in the store. This means that if they want, they can track me down, see my bank details and have police right at my door.
This isn't the first time I've shoplifted; I've done it multiple times in the same store, and even though they didn't ask me for my driver's license or anything, I am so scared that they will track me down with my card details and come at my door.
I know that if you commit shoplifting multiple times and the value of stolen goods in total is a lot, I can go to prison.
Does anyone have any experience with this, or any legal advice, or any legal firm that I can talk to? please, I am so paranoid and desperate and just want to talk to someone. I am crying my eyes out and haven't slept in two days. My hands are shaking as I write this. I am so sorry to the local coles for my actions.
Thank you so much. I wish the best to all of you....