- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

QLD Sell Father's House under Power of Attorney?

Discussion in 'Property Law Forum' started by Kazza, 14 March 2015.

Find a Lawyer Form
Find a Lawyer Form
Find a Lawyer Form
  1. Kazza

    Kazza Member

    14 March 2015
    Likes Received:
    My Dad is living in a Nursing Home. (Mum has passed away.) We (5 siblings) are discussing selling his house with all profit going to Dad's bank account.

    Will Dad need to declare his income from the bank interest he will earn? (ie will be need to put in a tax return?)

    Can all dealings with real estate be done legally by his Power of Attorney or will Dad need to sign paperwork?
  2. Paul Cott

    Paul Cott Well-Known Member

    26 May 2014
    Likes Received:

    He will probably earn below the threshold required to submit a return. I would call the ATO to confirm.

    If there is a financial POA that should be sufficient to allow the real estate dealing.

Share This Page