Rules/regulations on passing on family report

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

GlassHalfFull

28 August 2018
Yeah, I agree with you. Our respective lawyers even came to an agreement with consent orders to prohibit my daughter from attending any further psychs, and I can't imagine that happened without her lawyer urging her agree to it, so it seemed to be a pretty universal agreement that a psych was only a problem, not a solution.

We've already had orders for a parenting course. I've already attended and completed it in late 2019. My ex was supposed to, but somehow didn't organise it in a reasonable amount of time, and then COVID hit which gave her the excuse not to complete it and here we are in 2021.

I haven't taken it as you having a go at me at all. I've made a suggestion to my lawyer to propose an order that we attend reportable counselling or something along those lines, so that it would be clear the court who was making things difficult and who was trying to co-parent sensibly. My lawyer said that without a recommendation from the family report or ICL, it's unlikely to be ordered, especially when there have been allegations of violence.

Atticus

6 February 2019
If it was me I reckon I would be telling the psych that given the way this is unfolding, you have concerns about having your daughter directly involved in any sessions & no longer agree to it (to do so seems to be in conflict with the general consensus not so long back, & the courts view anyway) That you are happy to continue seeing her if your ex is, either together or separately with a focus on how to be better at shared parenting, which can only help any anxiety issues being displayed.

End of the day, if your ex can manage to arrange & get herself & daughter to a psych, she could have managed to arrange & attend the court ordered parenting program, but that's not her focus is it.