QLD relinquish parent rights and responsibilities

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

kissbowen

16 March 2024
I have been the sole parent to my children since they first took a breath 9,10,and 13 years ago, i have received maybe $120 over these years in the form of child support at $17.00 a fortnight for a few months. I am now fully depleted as a human being and want to remove myself from their lives officially. The children do not have fathers as they are very violent men, which is another reason i just can't go on living like this, a slave to these little people that have no respect for a god damn thing, they will consistently go out of their way to cause conflict in anyway shape or form They totally lack empathy, refuse to take accountability for not only their actions but also the words they use. not to mention the phsycal violence.

i want to legal remove myself from being their parent.

Illawarrian

29 December 2017
You can put them in foster care if you're not coping. You could arrange to have them with you on weekends or holidays. Could you contact the grandparents and see if they'd take them for a while? Do the kids have aunties or uncles who would take them? Even though the fathers are violent men, they might have caring parents? You can find all the information you need here. Children and young people in care