SA Prosecution-how long to decide?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

okanynameyouwishthen

12 February 2015
Austral
Hey all,
so I was convicted on 3 trumped up charges of breaching intervention order. I appealed to Supreme Court & won (sort of ! ) The judge has said prosecution can resubmit the matter back to the Magistrates Court to be heard before a different magistrate. There's a lot more to this issue & now the A-G department are aware of the full facts I have my doubts whether the case will satisfy the public interests merit tests & Judges remarks if read between the lines gave a subtle impression of 'was it really worth it'?

So how long do prosecution have to decide whether or not they will have another crack ?
I had 21 days to file appeal papers so I'm assuming it would be similar for the other side.

Cheers
ok

Alert

7 June 2019
You may have already returned court, if you haven’t this is my opinion. Convicted for 3?? The way I see it, they must have been pretty harsh breaches, or you don’t have the best record, how many pages????? I don’t know how you sort of won, some CHARGES may have been dropped except for 3?? Have you previously breached??? Watch you don’t muck up in the meantime, regarding anything??? When you ask how long to expect for prosecution, it can depend on what you are being prosecuted for, the other party may be waiting on more evidence, witnesses??? I feel you already know what to expect. Cheers ;)

okanynameyouwishthen

12 February 2015
Austral
Hmmm, OK seeing as you made an attempt to appear to know how these things work, I'll reply primarily to respond to your ridiculous assumption that you feel that I already know what to expect more so than to point out you are clueless in reality to the issue of Intervention Order breaches, specifically abuse of process vexatious type.

Firstly, I don't already know what to expect. Hence my posting of the question here. I will say having been dragged into the abhorrent & unfair world for 6 years now where these tools of abuse can be & are dished out with alarming ease & in a lot of cases with little to no documentary evidence, to "know what to expect" is impossible.
Such is the power & money generated industry of feminist gynocentric domestic violence models to be found in both State( Magistrates ) & Commonwealth ( FCCA/Family ) courts where by defending yourself against uncorroborated false allegations of DV/FV can itself be seized upon as the defendants supposed " victim blaming " &/or " male privilege " that form part of the " emotional abuse " said to have existed in a long term, now ended relationship.

To help you should you feel the need to " contribute " to an issue you obviously know nothing about, there is no ratings scale of breaches where any alleged breaches can be classed as " pretty harsh breaches ". A breach is a breach. It is a strict liability offense & one particular offense that has seen huge legislated changes applied by way of continued lobbying by the power & money hungry DV industry .

You ask "I don’t know how you sort of won, some CHARGES may have been dropped except for 3?? " You do know that an appeal is contested in an appeals court AFTER conviction in a lower court, don't you ? An aggrieved party takes an argument to the appeals court & that argument is either upheld or dismissed. In my case my argument was upheld & it was found my legal rights were denied me in the lower court such that it would be unjust to convict me.
No surprise to me there as I had been trying to point out this very fact in the 12 months the matter wasted tax payer money & time & resources of SAPOL & judiciary but being unrepresented & refusing to engage in the extortion racket of " engaging in legal representation ", my pleas were twisted & manipulated as I was bullied by no less than 8 dishonorable, bordering on corrupt Police Prosecutors.

Interestingly I was originally charged with 4 breaches that one of these under qualified lazy Police Prosecutors attempted to " help " me by offering to drop 3 if I plead guilty to 1 of the 4 breaches. As we both knew I was not guilty to any yet she was obligated to pursue her prosecution ONLY to satisfy SAPOL policy, itself massively influenced by the same factions who's vested interests rely on keeping the truth about all forms of abuse hidden behind the pushed hysteria that all men are perpetrators & only women can be victims to the scourge of DV/FV.
I assure you I didn't & wouldn't have seen the dropping of 3 out of 4 charges as a win, sort of or otherwise. The Magistrate had no alternative than to rule no case to answer on 1 & so on the farce continued with now 3 breaches which in the kangaroo court setting they were tried, I was convicted.

I can't be bothered schooling you on the ludicrous state of injustice to be found in these lower courts now as the rights of an accuser have usurped the rights of the defendant who's civil liberties are at stake & suggest for some truly eye opening revelations research rules of evidence that now exist in both civil & criminal jurisdictions & the undeniable fact that in certain circumstances justice can not prevail UNLESS the defendant allows himself to be extorted financially to " prove " his innocence, which turns on its head the historical fundamental principle of criminal law that it is the Prosecution's onus to satisfy the burden of proof.
The Supreme Court Justice is writing detailed reasons for upholding my appeal such is the importance & precedence of it's handling in the lower court I can personally attest to experienced this jurisdiction be corrupted by this insidious self serving movement that is the DV industry.

For your information I refer to having won ( sort of ) due to the fact I am still as innocent today as I was the day these bogus charges were simply accepted on word of mouth without any form of even basic investigation.Even basic policing 101 & the logic of any allegation made must have 2 individual versions that must be sought out & investigated further has been somehow deemed unfair to a " victim " choosing to raise allegations of FV, for policy exists of never questioning a " victim ".

I don't feel a winner as the pitiful $500 maximum costs I was awarded does nothing to remedy the days of lost wages I was FORCED to forego as a rabid prosecution refused to budge on their position that was a denial of justice in preference of politically motivated policy.
I also refer to it as sort of as I am emotionally worse off than I was before the rancid allegations were raised as I sit in limbo waiting to see if the A-G prosecution branch decide to cover up the incompetence of their lower held brethren & throw full resources into retrial in Magistrates Court or review the entire handling of the sordid affair & correctly determine that this matter should never have been allowed to fester & in fact should have seen a raft of charges laid against the so called accuser or " victim " as is the politically correct & preferred term.

By all means row your boat where you like ........if you are qualified to row said boat of course.
Unless you can offer a qualified answer to my original question as to time limits of retrying please do us both a favor & click to next question & move along.
Cheers

Alert

7 June 2019
Hmmm, OK seeing as you made an attempt to appear to know how these things work, I'll reply primarily to respond to your ridiculous assumption that you feel that I already know what to expect more so than to point out you are clueless in reality to the issue of Intervention Order breaches, specifically abuse of process vexatious type.

Firstly, I don't already know what to expect. Hence my posting of the question here. I will say having been dragged into the abhorrent & unfair world for 6 years now where these tools of abuse can be & are dished out with alarming ease & in a lot of cases with little to no documentary evidence, to "know what to expect" is impossible.
Such is the power & money generated industry of feminist gynocentric domestic violence models to be found in both State( Magistrates ) & Commonwealth ( FCCA/Family ) courts where by defending yourself against uncorroborated false allegations of DV/FV can itself be seized upon as the defendants supposed " victim blaming " &/or " male privilege " that form part of the " emotional abuse " said to have existed in a long term, now ended relationship.

To help you should you feel the need to " contribute " to an issue you obviously know nothing about, there is no ratings scale of breaches where any alleged breaches can be classed as " pretty harsh breaches ". A breach is a breach. It is a strict liability offense & one particular offense that has seen huge legislated changes applied by way of continued lobbying by the power & money hungry DV industry .

You ask "I don’t know how you sort of won, some CHARGES may have been dropped except for 3?? " You do know that an appeal is contested in an appeals court AFTER conviction in a lower court, don't you ? An aggrieved party takes an argument to the appeals court & that argument is either upheld or dismissed. In my case my argument was upheld & it was found my legal rights were denied me in the lower court such that it would be unjust to convict me.
No surprise to me there as I had been trying to point out this very fact in the 12 months the matter wasted tax payer money & time & resources of SAPOL & judiciary but being unrepresented & refusing to engage in the extortion racket of " engaging in legal representation ", my pleas were twisted & manipulated as I was bullied by no less than 8 dishonorable, bordering on corrupt Police Prosecutors.

Interestingly I was originally charged with 4 breaches that one of these under qualified lazy Police Prosecutors attempted to " help " me by offering to drop 3 if I plead guilty to 1 of the 4 breaches. As we both knew I was not guilty to any yet she was obligated to pursue her prosecution ONLY to satisfy SAPOL policy, itself massively influenced by the same factions who's vested interests rely on keeping the truth about all forms of abuse hidden behind the pushed hysteria that all men are perpetrators & only women can be victims to the scourge of DV/FV.
I assure you I didn't & wouldn't have seen the dropping of 3 out of 4 charges as a win, sort of or otherwise. The Magistrate had no alternative than to rule no case to answer on 1 & so on the farce continued with now 3 breaches which in the kangaroo court setting they were tried, I was convicted.

I can't be bothered schooling you on the ludicrous state of injustice to be found in these lower courts now as the rights of an accuser have usurped the rights of the defendant who's civil liberties are at stake & suggest for some truly eye opening revelations research rules of evidence that now exist in both civil & criminal jurisdictions & the undeniable fact that in certain circumstances justice can not prevail UNLESS the defendant allows himself to be extorted financially to " prove " his innocence, which turns on its head the historical fundamental principle of criminal law that it is the Prosecution's onus to satisfy the burden of proof.
The Supreme Court Justice is writing detailed reasons for upholding my appeal such is the importance & precedence of it's handling in the lower court I can personally attest to experienced this jurisdiction be corrupted by this insidious self serving movement that is the DV industry.

For your information I refer to having won ( sort of ) due to the fact I am still as innocent today as I was the day these bogus charges were simply accepted on word of mouth without any form of even basic investigation.Even basic policing 101 & the logic of any allegation made must have 2 individual versions that must be sought out & investigated further has been somehow deemed unfair to a " victim " choosing to raise allegations of FV, for policy exists of never questioning a " victim ".

I don't feel a winner as the pitiful $500 maximum costs I was awarded does nothing to remedy the days of lost wages I was FORCED to forego as a rabid prosecution refused to budge on their position that was a denial of justice in preference of politically motivated policy.
I also refer to it as sort of as I am emotionally worse off than I was before the rancid allegations were raised as I sit in limbo waiting to see if the A-G prosecution branch decide to cover up the incompetence of their lower held brethren & throw full resources into retrial in Magistrates Court or review the entire handling of the sordid affair & correctly determine that this matter should never have been allowed to fester & in fact should have seen a raft of charges laid against the so called accuser or " victim " as is the politically correct & preferred term.

By all means row your boat where you like ........if you are qualified to row said boat of course.
Unless you can offer a qualified answer to my original question as to time limits of retrying please do us both a favor & click to next question & move along.
Cheers
Okay, I read part of your post and that was it, you need to chill out, you think you are above me when ridicule me, hope that makes you feel good, quite frankly I don’t give a crap, no-one is better than anyone.
Be however you choose to be, I’m a kind person and never meant any harm towards you. Hope you feel great after releasing your frustration.

Alert

7 June 2019

Cheers
I did read the rest of your post. You are extremely sarcastic. You totally took me for acting the same. I am not that type of person and as I said. ‘I never meant any harm towards you’, and you still don’t have the ? to accept this. I would like to add, my boat is still floating, you rude, think your are better than me. have a look in the mirror son, then again your walls are probably mirrored anyway. You are nasty, you and myself and anyone else are not above anyone, deal with it.

sammy01

27 September 2015
So I think and I hate to say this but NOPE no deadline on the prosecutors to re-submit.

But firstly, are you of the opinion that some or all of the convictions still appear on your record? I'm just trying to get my head around this to make sure I understand?

Mate seems fair and reasonable that the same rules apply as far as appealing, that there should be a time limit. But I think you'll find that isn't the case. So if 'new' evidence was to come to the attention of the cops in 6 months, 12 months or what ever, then they could use that evidence to re-open the case.