LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

SA Family Law - Information on Appeal Books?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by okanynameyouwishthen, 10 September 2016.

Tags:
  1. okanynameyouwishthen

okanynameyouwishthen Well-Known Member

Hey all,

So after complying with time limits to file a draft appeal index & a couple of procedural hearings, the last one being the judge finding merit in my grounds enough to list dates for an appeal.

During his reading out of his orders, he directed he was not going to order there be an appeal book. I can't find much information regarding this & I'm of the belief that this order is somewhat less usual than ordering that there will be appeal books prepared.

Can someone please enlighten me with any family law information regarding the books & opinions on why he would order one unnecessary?

Cheers

2. Victoria S

Victoria S Well-Known Member

Hi there,

I know that in QLd, appeal books are not required in single judge appeals from the Federal Circuit Court as the court prepares the materials for itself.

3. okanynameyouwishthen

okanynameyouwishthen Well-Known Member

Ah, thank you for responding. I'm so unsure how to proceed as the trial judge allowed me to rely on several earlier filed affidavit's that contain lots of annexed documents which I claim she then took no notice of a huge % of said docs., yet they discredit most of other parties evidence less allegations & strategic empty claims.

Reading up on the expectations of the applicant, for instance, to argue the trial judge made an error in the finding of facts. I am expected to identify said error and then direct the appeal judge to all the evidence contained in the affidavits.

As I believed the draft index was in correct running order by dates I could then direct him to the relevant pages of the appeal book that we both had possession of instead of pointing him to" annexure 'AB 01' , 5th page in of my affidavit filed July 22 2014" or similar.

Man, this whole damn ordeal is like 1 step forward, 3 back & 1 sideways still!

I guess I just write it up to the draft I submitted, then at least one day it will surely makes sense to have all filed docs. in running date order for us all to follow along to, instead of writing it up to a book of out of sequence paperwork.

The entire travesty is in it's last leg now, what does it matter if I get a repeat "bollocking" for supposedly being deliberately stupid & daring to 'waste' his & court's time for attempting to allow my child a father, like she wants.

Hohum?!