- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

WA Property - Division Of Bond Money?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Perth83, 18 September 2014.

  1. Perth83

    Perth83 Member

    18 September 2014
    Likes Received:

    I am hoping that this will be a fairly straight forward question.

    My husband and I separated in 2010 ( separation). At the time I was working part time and had been living with him for a number of years. So in order for me to obtain a rental property he had to co-sign the lease as he earned significantly more than me. He also paid my bond amounting to $1300 and gave me $600 to set up house as well as some second hand furniture.

    As he requested I leave the family home and was earning over $250k a year and I didn't receive another cent from him for a 3 year period until our divorce. I was under the impression that was money he had given me to start again after his affair... I have recently moved out of my house and he is now requesting the bond in full. Can you please advise me of my rights?

    Thank you for your help!
  2. AllForHer

    AllForHer Well-Known Member

    23 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    I assume you've already done a property settlement?
  3. Sarah J

    Sarah J Well-Known Member

    16 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    Hi Perth83,

    As AllForHer has asked, have you and your ex husband reached some sort of property settlement in writing? If not, renegotiate with him as you may be entitled to much more than what he is willing to offer you.

Share This Page