NSW Police officer family member of a victim.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Startledone

30 August 2020
I have an ex that lied to police.

This person was granted an AVO and this person sent me countless threats and threats that an AVO would ruin my family law matter.

When I broke up with this person everything she threatened me with happened.

I tried to see the officer in charge to show that they were lying and the matter got worse and worse.

I've just found out that an immediate family member works at that station and my treatment by this station was extremely poor such as held in custody without being told I was charged for 18 hours, being charged for multiple AVO breaches.

This explains the heavy handed approach.

I also note the ex provided a maiden name on the avo application so that the names wouldn't match with her family member at that station. Is this a crime?

I never threatened or intimidated this person and my evidence clearly shows threats of violence by that person and telling me that they would do this to ruin my life.

No officer at that station looked at my evidence at all.

What's my best approach?

Atticus

6 February 2019
this person sent me countless threats and threats that an AVO would ruin my family law matter.....
No officer at that station looked at my evidence at all.

What's my best approach?
Nothing a police officer can do if an AVO has been served, that's a matter for the court ..... So is it still an interim order, if so has the first mention happened yet?

If it's a final order, did you present your evidence in court?

Startledone

30 August 2020
Currently in court hearing is now 3 days again in court in 3 months.

I just don't see this being fair at all.

Atticus

6 February 2019
I just don't see this being fair at all.
They often aren't .... extremely low bar for a magistrate to accept there is (or the possibilty that) a protected person is in some fear, & that's ALL it takes, even if you have a mountain of evidence proving what an AHole they are ..... but I assume it's possible affect on your family law matter is the most important thing.

1) Is there an application filed for family law matters... children property or both?
2) If so, how specifically is this AVO affecting your case?

Startledone

30 August 2020
It will significantly cause issues with my family law matter.

The point I'm trying to make is that this officer made contact with my ex wife and told her to come in because he works with my exs family member.

so when I read the initial statement it says my ex-wife attended but after court this week when he was questions he turned around and said that he contacted my ex-wife and it's all just absolutely ridiculous.

My ex partner has threaten me with violence and furthermore numerous times she has laughing faces I'm scared I'm scared hahaha and I'm going to f your whole family law matter.

it really is a sickening situation

Atticus

6 February 2019
It will significantly cause issues with my family law matter.
How so? ... If you want to share what is happening, many here have & are dealing with DVO's in the family law setting & may have some pointers for you.
The point I'm trying to make is that this officer made contact with my ex wife and told her to come in because he works with my exs family member.
That may be true, but I can't see how it will change anything... No laws or protocols have been broken?
Police even have have the power to file for an AVO on behalf of somebody