Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

NSW Police Didn't Sign The Fine - Contest It?

Discussion in 'Traffic Law Forum' started by AndrewOC, 25 January 2015.

1. AndrewOC

AndrewOC Member

Does a police officer have to sign the fine? If so, and they haven't signed it, is this a right to contest it? I am in NSW.

2. Sophea

Sophea Well-Known Member

Hi AndrewOC,

I would not think that a technicality such as signing the fine would constitute grounds to challenge it. Unless you have evidence to show that you were not in fact in breach of the road rules, I would think that you have slim chances of successfully getting out of it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Do I need a Lawyer

Do I need a Lawyer Well-Known Member

Hi Andrew,

I agree with Sophea.These kinds of particulars do not constitute a defence, and the Police officer would simply come to court to give evidence of the offence and his/her failure to sign the notice.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...