NSW Personal AVO false witness

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
4 September 2016
My ex husband lives above a cafe & keeps going against everything they try to do re operating hours, liquor license etc. I know the cafe owner & he told me they risked losing everything (knowing I lost my cafe) because of my husband, & could I support them by sending an email to the local councellors regarding my husbands behaviour. My email was to help the cafe keep their extended operating hours, was to be kept confidential, & was sent due to a council meeting happening the next day regarding the matter. The cafe owner messaged me on facebook giving me the counsellors email addresses, & I replied telling him what I wrote in the email,. 2 days later I found out that the cafe owner has gone to court to get a personal AVO against my ex husband, & his lawyer told the court I am their witness, & read out a statement I supposedly wrote. I had no idea this was happening & now my ex, his family & some of our friends think I'm a real b***h! I assume he cut & copied my message, may have even added his own things to it? Is he legally allowed to do this & what can I do to stop him doing it again?